Grant Application Form for Individual Property Owners
HIGH STREET HERITAGE ACTION ZONE (HSHAZ): DUNSTABLE
FUNDED BY: DUNSTABLE TOWN COUNCIL
IMPORTANT NOTES: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN THE FORM
- This application should be accompanied by (if necessary) drawings of the proposed works, a priced schedule of works and photographs, which show the building and relevant areas where work is required. Your grant will be based on the grant-eligible works detailed in the preferred priced specification.
- You will not be eligible for grant if work is started before written approval is given.
- If a grant is offered, it will normally include a condition that, should the building be sold within three years, the grant may be reclaimed.
- Where a grant is offered for repair works costing £20,000 or more in total, you must employ a competent professional with relevant specialist conservation knowledge and experience or accept the advice provided by the local authority’s professional adviser. He or she will analyse the site, plan and specify the work, and inspect and certify the work while it is in progress and after it is completed. Where the grant is for any works to a Grade I or Grade II* listed building, or for repair works to a Grade II listed building or an unlisted building, this professional must be an architect, chartered building surveyor or chartered architectural technologist with conservation accreditation- see https://historicengland.org.uk/services-skills/training-skills/heritageskills-cpd/conservation-accreditation-for-professionals/
- In respect of the requirements outlined at iv Dunstable Town Council have undertaken a tender process and Conception Architects have been selected as the lead consultants to project manage necessary conservation and restoration work to several privately owned properties along High Street South in the Middle Row area, adjoining Ashton Square and on Church Street in Dunstable. It is recommended that any property owners wishing to apply for a HSHAZ grant work with Conception Architects (Anarchitecture Ltd – https://anarchitecturestudio.com/#eluid7cb9cc0d) and contact Dr Valeria Passetti email@example.com who is leading on their work and will be able to advise on prospective projects.
- Tenders must be obtained for eligible works in compliance with the procurement guidance published on Dunstable Town Council’s Website https://www.dunstable.gov.uk/council-finances/procurement-information/ – For works exceeding £5,000 but less than £40,000 – at least three quotations must be obtained/sought. For works exceeding £40,000 at least four tenders should be obtained/sought.
For further details or if you have any queries please contact Dunstable Town Council at the address below.
Dunstable Town Council | Grove House, 76 High Street North, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 1NF
Tel: 01582 513000 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.dunstable.gov.uk