Expressions of Interest are invited for Refurbishment works to Downside Community Centre, Dunstable
Client – Dunstable Town Council
Contract Administrator – Brasier Freeth LLP, Wentworth Lodge Great, North Road, Welwyn Garden City AL8 7SR
Downside Community Centre
Outline of Proposed Works
Dunstable Town Council are advertising for refurbishment works to be undertaken to the Downside Community Centre, Dunstable. The proposed works relate to the original building which was formerly a changing room for the adjacent grounds and is now used for various activities within the community. In brief, the works include:
- Install a liquid applied coating system to the metal clad dual pitched roof.
- Replacement of 16No metal Crittall windows with uPVC top hung casement windows and cills.
- Replacement of the flush window security mesh, with a mounted security mesh, allowing the new windows to open.
- Replacement of the uPVC and cast-iron rainwater goods with a seamless aluminium system.
- Redecoration to the fascia and soffits.
Description of Site
The building has a t-shaped footprint and appears to have been formed in two principal parts, the original changing rooms to the north side and the extension to the south side.
The original building is formed with a steel portal frame, dual pitched roof finished externally with corrugated metal cladding and internal lining. The walls are constructed with a concrete wall panel system finished externally with pebble dash render.
The extension is formed with a timber truss roof, dual pitched roof finished with corrugated metal cladding and internal lining. The walls are patterned brickwork and decorated blockwork internally.
The site is in south-east Dunstable in the suburb of Downside.
Estimated Contract Value – Over £40,000.00
Estimated Contract Length – 8 weeks
Type of Contract – JCT Minor Works Contract 2016 (Administered by Brasier Freeth LLP)
- Valid Employers Liability Insurance Minimum cover £1,000,000
- Valid Public Liability Insurance Minimum cover £1,000,000
- Experience in complying with CDM 2015 Regulations and approved Safety certification
- Experience in Statutory Compliance
Tenders – To be submitted by post to the following address.
Brasier Freeth LLP
Great North Road
Welwyn Garden City
(All tenders to be submitted without reference to the contractors’ details on the envelope for disclosure reasons).
Tender Submission Date – Noon Friday 22nd April
Pre Tender Site Visits – To be arranged via Neil Coughtrie at Brasier Freeth LLP 07395 604 176 / email@example.com