Finance Officer (20 hours) (Fixed Term Contract – Maternity Cover)
Salary: £27,852 pa – Pro-rata £15,055 (Pay award pending)
We are looking for a part time Finance Officer to join our team at Grove House in Dunstable.
- Competitive salary
- Local Government Pension Scheme with generous employer contribution
- Flexible working opportunities
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Staff benefits package
If you are a highly motivated, proactive, organised and dynamic individual who can demonstrate a good understanding of finance support and have a ‘can do’ attitude with proven experience in this field this is a great opportunity to further your career within our Town Council.
This role will assist in the management, development and co-ordination of the Council’s accounting, costing and financial management arrangements, as well as administering receipts and payments due to/from the Council. It will also support the preparation of annual budgets, the closure of accounts and provide high quality support to budget holders during the year.
To be considered for the Finance Officer post, you will need:
- A professional qualification OR significant experience in business accounting
- Practical experience of budgeting, completing VAT returns and bank reconciliations
- Proven experience in Excel and finance packages
- Excellent communication skills – ability to convey financial issues to non-financial managers
- Accurate data entry
- Ability to work effectively within a team as well as using own initiative
Please see links above for the full job description and the typical tasks required for this post.
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV along with a covering letter explaining how you meet the criteria for the role listed in the Person Specification to email@example.com.
For an informal conversation or any questions about this opportunity, please contact Lisa Scheder, Head of Finance, or Emma Harris, Finance Officer, on 01582 513000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS – 5.00 pm, Monday 19 June 2023
Please note interviews will take place on Tuesday 27 June 2023.