Working for Dunstable Town Council
Aside from working for a stable, Investors in People (Bronze) Employer that cares about its workforce, working for Dunstable Town Council allows you to be genuinely involved in making a difference for your local community. The Council offers roles across a number of different disciplines, from youth work to grounds work to organising events and managing community facilities. So if you want a job that enables you to make a difference then read on.
- Pay – The Council subscribes to the ‘Living Wage Foundation’ minimum wage. This means that the least you can earn working for the Council is £9.00 as of 1 April 2019. Most salary scales are incremental, so the first few years of your employment with the Council your pay is likely to go up incrementally in addition to normal cost of living pay rises.
- Pension – All employees have access to the Local Government Pension. See https://www.lgpsmember.org for details
- Car mileage – A payment scheme is available to reimburse all business related travel expenses (not to and from work)
- Overtime and additional hours payments – Normal hourly pay is offered to part time workers working additional hours, time and a half and double time is offered for working above the normal 37 hour week when applicable
- Car parking – All Council work places have free car parking
- Discounts – All staff are offered a 10% discount on a range of products available from Creasey Park Community Football Centre, Priory House and the Splashside Café in Bennett Memorial Recreation Ground
Annual leave and holiday allowances
All staff are offered a minimum of 24 annual leave days (plus bank holidays) up to a maximum of 32 days depending on pay grade and length of service
Health and Wellbeing
- Sickness entitlement – After 5 years’ service full pay entitlement for the first 6 months of sickness and 6 months at half pay thereafter. Shorter periods of service provide reduced entitlement
- All staff have access to a free and confidential Employee Assistance Programme
- All staff are given appropriate PPE equipment and staff uniform
- The Council operates a ‘flexi-scheme’, flexible working and lieu time scheme for all staff
Reward and Recognition
- All staff are offered opportunities for relevant training both for job improvement and career development
- There is a quarterly ‘Staff Award Scheme’ offering £100 worth of vouchers for the successful nominee
- Staff are given long term service awards for 10, 15, 20 and 25 years’ service
Current vacancies are listed below.